Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Little Love


Being unemployed is so boring. But it's not even worth it going back to work right now. It might have been, when we thought I was due in September. But I'm 7 months now, so by the time I even find a damn job I'll just be out again on maternity leave.
Today we are finalizing the baby registry and working on baby shower invitations. Right now it's planned for June 22nd. I'm so excited. And then pretty soon after that I will get to meet my son!


Look at his little nose!

So that's him. He is perfect and I am so in love. Naming boys is SUPER hard. Especially since all the good names are taken (by kids we don't like) or it's too weird of an association. Oh well. We're narrowing it down. Slowly. But we might have one the week he's born. :)
I am a little anxious over the whole colitis thing. I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if the baby ended up having it too. They have definitely come a long way with it and it's not nearly as awful as it used to be (so I've heard) but just thinking over everything I went through the past several years. It almost killed me. Twice. 
But then I look at his darling little face and I think about the amazing fact that he's even possible. That back in November I had written off the possibility of ever having my own children. And that I can feel him kicking right this moment and it's just this incredibly overwhelming but truly just ... awesome feeling. I can't describe it but it's absolutley magical. 
I can't wait to meet him and hold him and teach him. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment