It fucking sucks. I miss my friends.
Well, everyone else who got laid off with me in CS. And everyone else within various departments. I'm mostly glad to not be working with the people who are left. They're not bad people. But they're not Chelie and Yasu and Jake and Katt and ... ugh. It's weird. People I've known for years and years and years.
I really did need to find a new job though. Not that there was anything wrong with my old one, I loved the shit out of that company; I still do. I'd drop everything to be part of it again. But it's a good push to get AP experience elsewhere, so I can come back with a vengeance and be hired as a producer this time.
We'll see. :) I've started working on my resume but it's hard. I'm still a little heartbroken over it. And it's a major change.
ANYWAY.
This happened:
I got her last Sunday, before all this ... mess went down. So the good part is that I'm able to stay home with her and work on her potty training and all that. She's only 7 weeks old and 1.6 pounds. I liked her best because she was the tiniest of her siblings and the most mellow. We have a lot in common - she gets cold easily and she's fucking weird. She only barks when I'm wiggling my feet around too much and she wants to nip at my toes and even then it's this ... sort of chirping, purring sound. It's bizarrely adorable.
I'll wake up in the morning and most of the time, she's sitting there waiting for me to let her off the bed so she can pee.
We took her to the beach yesterday. She was super worn out. :)
She likes to be on shoulders when we're in the car and initially, she had fallen asleep on my shoulders, like a baby, but her head kept falling farther and farther back until she was in this position.
Wes isn't sure how to handle her but I think he's glad to have a friend, now that Sadie's gone.
Oh, I forgot. We named her Princess Peach. (we were playing a lot of Super Smash Brothers last Sunday ....) But she has a lot of peach-related nicknames. I'm mostly surprised she seems to know what the hell her name is, because I'll call her things like "peach pie" and "peachy keen" and "peach fuzz" and other ridiculous things and I really think she's just responding to the fact that somebody seems to be talking to her.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment